Last updated on June 21st, 2020
There is nothing like fresh corn on the cob, quickly boiled, spread with lots of sweet butter, and sprinkled with salt. It’s at every barbecue, it makes the perfect side dish. Here is a step by step guide on how to boil corn on the cob.
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Use the largest pot you have, fill it with water, and salt it really well.
- Pull off your corn husks while water is boiling. Grab all of the husk and as much of the strings as possible and rip down over the trash can.
- Add corn and cook 5 minutes. Set a timer because if you let your corn overcook the kernels can become tough.
- Drain corn and brush with melted butter, then season with salt and pepper.