Last updated on August 4th, 2019
How to make pancakes at home, with ease. This easy recipe makes pancakes that are light and only requires a few simple ingredients.
Pancakes are perfect for a weekend morning or holiday breakfast. Make a double batch and freeze them for breakfasts throughout the week!
Serve these pancakes with plenty of butter and maple syrup, or use your own favorite syrup or fruits on them.
What You’ll Need
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, 9 ounces
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Whisk or stir to blend thoroughly.
- In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and 1 1/2 cups of milk; add to flour mixture, stirring just until blended. Blend in melted butter. If the batter seems too thick to spread, add a little more milk.
- Using about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, drop onto a hot, greased griddle.
- Cook until you see that the bubbles over the surface are breaking and the edges appear somewhat dry. Turn to brown the other side.
- The batter can be made the night before. Just cover and refrigerate until the morning.
- If the batter seems too thick, add a little milk (a tablespoon at a time) until you have a good consistency.
- If you have a few leftover pancakes, freeze them in a freezer bag. Warm in the microwave, skillet, or toaster.
- For fluffier pancakes, separate the eggs and beat the whites. Fold them into the batter last.