The classic margarita is one of the easiest cocktails you can make from scratch and you’ll love the refreshing lime flavor backed by your favorite tequila. Here is how to make a Margarita.
It is very simple to make and the only ingredients you need are tequila, Orange liqueur(triple sec), lime juice, and salt. There are three basic ways to serve a margarita: straight up(as in this recipe), on the rocks or frozen. You can either rim your glass with salt or sugar or leave it bare.
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila
- 1/2 ounce triple sec (Grand Marnier or Cointreau is recommended)
- 1 ounce lime juice (fresh)
- Garnish: lime wedge
- Optional: Kosher salt or sugar for rimming
- Salt the rim of a chilled cocktail or margarita glass.
- Pour the tequila, triple sec, lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice cubes.
- Shake it well.
- Strain into prepared glass with or without ice.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.
- Choosing a good tequila is essential to creating a solid margarita. It is the main ingredient. Do not use low-quality tequila as it will bring the drink down. You can go for high-end Blanco or reposado tequila.
- You can add a dash of simple syrup or agave nectar to make it a little sweeter.
If you want to make a big pitcher of margaritas, just multiply everything by 5 and you’ll have enough for 10 cocktails. But don’t put ice in the pitcher- it will water everything down as it melts. Put the ice in each individual glass!