Last updated on June 21st, 2020
Milkshakes are one of the best American desserts. It is made with milk, ice cream, chocolate sauce, or your add-ins (like Strawberries, Oreos, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, brownies, cookie dough, chocolate syrup, or fruit) and milk. This easy milkshake recipe gives you the perfect ratio of milk to ice cream and is completely customizable! Here is a step by step guide on how to make a milkshake.
The best ice cream is to use is full cream, full-fat ice cream because that’s where the flavor is! It is thicker, richer, and holds up better in the blender and when mixed with other ingredients because it has more air whipped into it.
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1-1/2 cups or 4 large scoops ice cream
- Add ons (Strawberries, Oreos, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, brownies, cookie dough, chocolate syrup, or fruit
- For Garnish (Whipped Topping, Sprinkles, Maraschino cherry)
- Add the Milk, Ice Cream, and Add-ons.
- In a blender, Blend’ till smooth.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with whipped topping, sprinkles, and a cherry.