Mojito (a classic Cuban cocktail) is a blend of rum, sugar, lime juice, mint leaves, and club soda. It’s delicious, easy, refreshing and here it is a step by step guide on how to make a delicious mojito.
Yields: 1 serving Prep Time: 10 mins Total Time: 10 mins
- 10 Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/2 lime, cut into 4 wedges
- 1 tablespoon white sugar or to taste
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 2 OZ. rum
- 1/2 cup club soda
- Add 10-12 fresh mint leaves to a highball or collins glass.
- Add 1 lime Wedge into a glass.
- Gently press the mint and lime to release the mint oils and lime juice using a muddler.
- Add 2 more lime wedges and the sugar and gently press them again to release the lime juice. Do not strain the mixture.
- Fill the glass almost to the top with ice.
- Pour the rum over the ice.
- Fill the glass with club soda.
- Add a fresh sprig of mint, pop in a straw, and enjoy the best mojito.
Which rum is Best for Mojito?
An authentic mojito uses white rum. White or light rums have a sweet, subtle flavor and dark rums which have been aged longer have a bolder flavor.
Bacardi Superior, also known as Bacardi Silver is a white rum that’s high quality and easy to find.