Last updated on June 21st, 2020
Homemade gnocchi is easy to make and the dough is a dream to work with. It is as simple as roasting potatoes and mixing them with flour and eggs together. Here is a step by step guide on how to make Homemade Gnocchi.
Yield: 6 SERVINGS Prep time: 1 HOUR Cook time: 1 HOUR 30 MINUTES
Total time: 2 HOURS 30 MINUTES
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 large egg
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper for taste
- Boil, peel, and grate potatoes.
- Add flour and ricotta to the center of your cooled potato pile.
- Add salt and an egg to your fancy dough piles. Whisk it up, starting in the center.
- Mix until just combined. Form into a loaf shape. Cut the loaf into slices.
- Add the gnocchi to a pot of boiling water. When they rise to the top, remove them.
- In a pan over medium heat, melt butter and add the sage. Add the gnocchi and toss until lightly golden.
- Top with your favorite sauces and devour!