Belly fat can easily build up because of our often sedentary lifestyles and stressful jobs, medicated with alcohol and biscuits. Here is how you can lose belly fat fast.
Steps to Lose Belly Fat
Some simple exercises to tone belly fat at home.
1. Leg raises: It is good for building your upper body strength and core muscles.
How To Do
- Lie down flat on your back.
- Stretch the legs straight out.
- Lift your legs up straight to a 90 degree angle over your hips and lower back down, without touching the floor.
2. Push ups: According to expert, many avoid push ups because they think it can be difficult- but you will reap benefits by doing them. It is great for toning shoulders, arms, back and core.
How To Do
- Lie down on the floor with the palms of your hands placed at hip width apart.
- With straight arms, raise your body off the ground until only your hands and toe tips are touching the floor.
- After reaching a push up position, slowly let your body gravitate to the floor.
3. Sit-ups: By doing sit-ups on a regular basis, you can strengthen the midriff area and build up abs.
How To Do
- Lie down on floor with your feet firmly flat on the ground and your knees bent.
- Place your hands on either side of your head, release your neck from your chin and bring your whole body up towards your knee caps, leading with your chest.
- Once you’ve reached sitting position, slowly take your body back down to the ground.
The experts recommend to practice these sequences four times in a week.
There is no magic diet for belly fat. But when you lose weight on any diet, belly fat usually goes first.
1. Eat Plenty of Fiber and a High Protein Diet
Fiber absorbs water and forms a gel that helps slow down food as it passes through your digestive system.
Make an effort to consume high-fiber foods every day. Excellent sources of soluble fiber include flaxseeds, shirataki noodles, Brussels sprouts, avocados, legumes and blackberries.
Protein is key to losing belly fat. Firstly, it releases the hormone PYY, which helps to send a message to your brain that you’re full. A dollop of protein in a meal should help you avoid overeating.
Many observational studies prove that people with a higher protein intake have lower levels of belly fat. It also raises your metabolic rate, making you more likely to build muscle during and after exercise.
Try to get a serving with every meal: breakfast, lunch and dinner.
2. Drink Less Alcohol
Research suggests too much alcohol can also make you gain belly fat. Alcohol contains a very high amount of ’empty’ calories, which don’t have any nutritional value. Women are more likely to store the fat created by surplus calories on their hips, thighs and arms, men store it on their tummy, hence the ‘beer belly’.
You don’t need to give it up altogether if you enjoy it, but limiting the amount you drink in a single day can help to reduce your belly fat quickly.
3. Don’t Eat a Lot of Sugary Food
Sugar contains fructose, which has been linked to several chronic diseases when consumed in excess. Studies show a relationship between high sugar intake and increased abdominal fat
It’s important to realize that more than just refined sugar can lead to belly fat gain. Even “healthier” sugars should be used sparingly.
Sleep is important for many aspects of health, including your weight. Studies show that people who don’t get enough sleep tend to gain more weight, which may include belly fat.
A 16-year study of more than 68,000 women found those who slept less than 5 hours per night were significantly more likely to gain weight than those who slept 7 hours or more per night.
Getting the right amount of sleep helps. In one study, people who got 6 to 7 hours of sleep per night gained less visceral fat.
Stress causes your body to gain fat because it triggers the release of the stress hormone cortisol, which in turn increases your appetite.
To help reduce belly fat, engage in pleasurable activities that relieve stress. Practicing yoga or meditation can be effective methods.
Studies consistently show that getting out in nature and regular bouts of meditation work to reduce our anxiety.