The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (Irdai) had issued a circular making it mandatory for all policy holders to link their Aadhaar and PAN details to their insurance policies. Here is how to link your LIC policies with your Aadhaar.
What you need:
- Aadhaar Card and PAN card
- Policy Numbers
- Make sure that your mobile number is updated in your Aadhaar card. If you have not updated your mobile number to Aadhaar card then you can check here. (Link your Aadhaar with your mobile number).
- Use the mobile number as registered with UIDAI as the OTP generated will be send to this number.
1) Go to Link Aadhaar and PAN to policy.
2) Fill and submit the form.
3) It will show a message on the success of registration for linkage.
4) After verification with UIDAI, an SMS or email confirmation will be sent to you. The verification may take few days.
If for any reason you cannot do the linkage online, or especially when you are not required to hold PAN (and therefore have to furnish Form 60), here’s how you can link your policies offline:
What you need:
• Aadhaar /PAN mandate form
• Self-attested copy of Aadhaar card and PAN Card / Form 60
• Policy numbers
After filling the form, you can submit this Aadhaar / PAN Mandate Form along with a self-attested copy of Aadhaar card and PAN Card / Form 60 at the nearest LIC Branch for linking of your Aadhaar / PAN number to your policies. While self-attesting, it’s better to mention on the photocopies the purpose of furnishing the self-attested documents, i.e., for the purpose of linking of policies, in order to minimise the misuse, if any.
Aadhaar or PAN compulsory for new registration on LIC website
To access online services on the LIC website, the insurer had already made it compulsory to furnish PAN or Aadhaar number. Policyholders looking to register for online services will have to either provide PAN or Aadhaar number in addition to other details such as policy number and date of birth.