Image Credits: Techcrunch.
Facebook rolled out Avatars in the US this week. Avatars allow users to create an avatar of themselves that will be featured in stickers that they can share in Facebook Stories, comments, and more. This is step by step guide on how to create your Avatar in the Facebook mobile application.
How to Create Your Facebook Avatar using Facebook Mobile Application
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap “See More.”
- Tap “Avatars.”
- Tap Next and then Tap Get Started.
- Tap one of the skin tone options (you can scroll to see them all), and then tap “Next” at the bottom of the screen.
- After Skin tone options, you can customize your avatar in a variety of ways by choosing their hairstyle, hair color, hair length, face shape, eye shape and color, makeup, eyebrow style and color, nose shape, mouth shape and color, facial hair, body shape, outfit and more. Tap the buttons across the top of the Avatars menu to switch between these different customization areas, and then tap one of the options to preview it on your Avatar. You can also tap the mirror icon near the top-right corner of the screen to open your device’s front-facing camera, which will allow you to look at yourself as you create your Avatar.
- After you’ve chosen all your options, click the checkmark in the upper right corner. Your avatar will “process” for a couple of seconds and then you’ll get a “This Is Your Avatar” message, like in the photo below. You can click next.
- You can use your avatar in comments as a sticker and you can choose to share it with your feed or even set it as a temporary profile picture. Once you’re all done, click the X to exit out.
Getting the Facebook avatar is simple and easy and only requires a few steps when you’re on mobile. Once you have the avatar, you can use it in stickers that you leave on Messenger posts (but not everyone has this option yet) or as replies to regular Facebook statuses. You can edit the avatar later, but only on a mobile.