This guide will show you how to change the language in Google Chrome web browser.
How to change your language in Google Chrome
You can set Chrome to show all settings and menus in the language you want. This option is only available on Windows and Chromebook computers.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Languages,” click Language.
- Next to the language you’d like to use, click More .
- If the language isn’t listed, add it by clicking Add languages.
- Click Display Google Chrome in this language or Display Chrome OS in this language.
- This option is only available on Windows and Chromebook computers.
- Restart Chrome to apply the changes.
Note: On Mac or Linux? Chrome will automatically display in the default system language for your computer. You cannot change the default language in the iPhone or Android Chrome app since it uses your phone’s language settings.
For web pages that don’t support your preferred language, you can try Google’s Input Tools extension, or have the browser automatically translate them. To do that, use the same three-dot menu on the side and tick the “Offer to translate pages in this language” box.
Another option is to have Chrome attempt to display pages in a second choice language. Do that, and click “Move up” in the three-dotted menu, so that your second language option is in second place on the list.