It is important to know that how to arrange multiple PDF files into single document. This post teaches you how to do it. There are few ways you can merge pdf files.
It’s a good idea to know how to use Adobe Acrobat for merging PDFs together. Acrobat DC is that it’s premium software so you need to pay for the privilege. There is a free trial you can use, so if you only need to merge a couple of PDF files this one time or plan to do all your merging in the near future, this is a good method to be aware of.
How to combine and merge files into one PDF using Acrobat DC
- Download and install the Adobe Acrobat DC free Trial.
Once installed, open the software and click the “Tools” tab in the top left-hand corner.
Click Combine Files, and then click Add Files to select the files you want to include in your PDF.
Click, drag, and drop to reorder the files and pages. Double-click on a file to expand and rearrange individual pages. Press the Delete key to remove unwanted content.
When finished arranging files, click Combine Files.
Click the Save button.
2) Mac OS
MacOS let you use Preview to combine PDFs – so as long as you know what you’re doing.
How to combine and merge files into one PDF using preview
- Open “Finder” and select all the PDF files that you wish to combine.
Open all the files. It will bring them up in a simple preview mode. You’ll at least want to be able to see two Preview windows at the same time.
Go to the “View” Menu and select “Thumbnails” for each window. This will open a sidebar that showcases a thumbnail for each of the pages in that particular PDF.
Using drag and drop, build the exact PDF you want by either dragging the page thumbnails into a specific order, or dragging the whole PDF into another to combine them.
Once you are done, make sure to rename the newly merged file so that you know what it is.
Note: There are visual cues on where pages will appear as you click, drag, and drop them. These include a divider line that shows if a page is being dragged above or below the current page. Use these signs while forming your master document. You can also rearrange and rotate pages as needed.
3) Web Application
There are tons of free, web-based tools that will allow you to merge PDF files. Below are some of the most popular tools for merging PDF files.
1) PDF Joiner: PDF Joiner works best with all sorts of file format shifts and changes. It lets you combine PDFs and also lets you change your combined document to a text or JPG file (or vice versa). If you are working with many different formats into one then this tool is great.
It only allows you to work with 20 files at once.
2) PDF Merge: Open up PDFMerge, and you’ll see a simple window with bars for dragging and dropping several PDF files. It lets you choose up to four files at once and add more files as needed. It gives you an option to combine them.
Note: The service is only free for 15 MB or under and after that it will ask you to pay.
3) Smallpdf: It lets you download files straight from dropbox or google drive which is great for collaborative projects . You can also upload or drop files from your local storage. It is a more professional tool and more secure too. It works well for work related combining. Convert and split options are also available, as is a Chrome extension and desktop app!
4) Foxyutil’s Merge PDF: If you merge PDF files, you’ll help in sponsoring a tree planting project. which is great for eco-friendly companies. Max File Size: 50MB.
5) Docupub: It is a simple tool, but it provides a set of handy resources, including code samples for creating your own PDF merger application. Max File Size: 10MB.