Tying a bow tie has never been so simple. Here’s a breakdown of how to tie a bow tie. Today bow ties are mainly worn on formal occasions. A bow tie is perfect for any man who likes to stand out.
It’s not something most of us do very often, but luckily, if you can tie your shoes, you can tie a bow tie because it’s the same knot.
The Bow Tie Knot is used to tie a bow tie and is worn to give you a formal and elegant appearance. A “black tie occasion”, where the bow tie is worn with a tuxedo, or a wedding are two typical events that are perfect for wearing a bow tie. To tie the Bow Tie Knot, select a bow tie of your choice and stand in front of a mirror. Then simply follow the steps below:
- Start with the bowtie lying face up. Adjust the bowtie so right side is shorter than the left. The end on the left will be referred to as A and the end on the right will be referred to as B.
- Move A to the right side, across B.
- Bring A under B and up through the neck loop.
- At the joint, fold B towards the right and then towards the left to create a the bow shape.
- Bring A straight down over the middle of the bow shape that was made with B.
- Fold A back towards the chest and pinch the fold.
- Push the pinched end (A) through the loop behind B.
- Pull on the folded parts of the bow to tighten.
- Adjust until balanced on both sides