Last updated on October 9th, 2020
Fall is the time of pumpkins! You always wanted to draw pumpkins for Halloween and you might think that they are tricky to draw, especially because of their ribs but you are just a few simple steps away from learning how to draw an easy pumpkin.
Pumpkins are a healthy food being high in fiber, but low in calories, fat, and sodium while having vitamin A, potassium and iron. That pumpkins belong to the gourd food family, which also includes watermelons, cucumbers and zucchini.
Things you’ll Need
- Pencil or Marker
- Coloring Supplies(optional)
How to Draw a Pumpkin
- Draw two curved lines. Make a letter C on the left and inverted C on the right.
- Connect the endpoints on top and bottom by drawing 3 arches on the top and bottom between the endpoints.
- Draw two curved lines at the middle arch to make the first rib on your pumpkin.
- To make the second and third ribs on your pumpkin draw two more curved lines at the left and right arch.
- From the middle arch draw two curved lines for the stem.
- Draw a circle on top of the stem to complete it.
- Add an arched line on the left and right.
- Draw a vine.
- Color your pumpkin drawing.
How to Draw a Cartoon Pumpkin
- Draw a circle on sitting on an oval.
- The Profile of the pumpkin stalk can be defined by drawing even more ovals.
- Define the ridges of the pumpkin by drawing more semicircles around the circle.
- To define the eyes of the pumpkin draw more circles. Draw squares to define the teeth and semicircles to define the mouth of the pumpkin.
- Darken the lines and start drawing the curves and ridges.
- Clean-up all the guide strokes and color the pumpkin.