QR codes give you quick access to websites without having to type or remember a web address. You can use the Camera app that’s built into your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to scan a QR code. Learn how to scan a QR code with an iPhone or an Android device.
What are QR Codes?
QR Codes are two-dimensional barcodes. QR stands for Quick Response which refers to the instant information access hidden in the Code. They are customizable, both in function and design, and are the best channel for connecting traditional print media with any interactive online content.
How to scan a QR code on an iPhone
- Open the Camera app from your device’s Home screen, Control Center, or Lock screen.
- Hold your device so that the QR code appears in the Camera app’s viewfinder. Your device recognizes the QR code and shows a notification.
- Tap the notification to open the link associated with the QR code.
How to scan a QR code on an Android phone
- Check to see if your Android phone supports QR code scanning.
Not all Android phones come with this ability yet, so you may have to do some extra steps before scanning.
– Google Assistant can detect QR codes
– Bixby can also automatically detect QR codes.
– The QR Code Reader, which is a simple and highly effective option.
- Open your scanning app. Apps have a “scanning” function you can choose immediately, or will open directly onto a scanning window via the camera.
- Position the QR Code. The code’s corners should be fully visible in the scanning window, and the camera should be more or less directly above the code for it to work. Hold the phone steady while it identifies the code.
- Choose the correct option. The app should then provide a pop-up option to take an action based on the QR code. It may ask you if you want to navigate to a website, download something, or open an app you currently use.