You can schedule your emails to send at a later time in Gmail. Scheduled emails may be sent a few minutes after the scheduled time. Your emails will be sent based on the timezone you schedule them in. Here is a step by step guide on how to schedule emails to send in Gmail.
How to Schedule emails in Gmail in a desktop or laptop web browser
- Go to Gmail, on your computer or laptop.
- Click Compose which is on the top left.
- Create your email with at least one recipient.
- At the bottom left next to the “Send” button, click the dropdown arrow .
- Click Schedule send.
View or change scheduled emails
- To view or change scheduled emails, click Scheduled which is at the left panel.
- Select the email you want to change. Click Cancel send, at the top right of your email.
- Make your changes. At the bottom left next to “Send,” click the dropdown arrow .
- Click Schedule send and select a new date and time.
Cancel scheduled emails
- On your computer, go to Gmail .
- At the left panel, click Scheduled .
- Select the email you want to cancel.
- At the top right of your email, click Cancel send.
Note: When you cancel a scheduled email, it becomes a draft.
The process is exactly the same in Gmail’s mobile app. You have to click the icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen instead of clicking part of the send button when composing an email in a Desktop or Laptop web browser. That’ll bring up the option to schedule a time.