Last updated on June 23rd, 2020
In order to use Optimize you’ll need the following:
- A Google Analytics account.
- Google Analytics web tracking (Universal Analytics) installed on your website.
- The Chrome web browser.
- The Optimize Chrome extension, which you’ll need in order to create experiments with the Optimize visual editor. If you won’t be creating experiments (e.g. if you only need to view experiment results), you don’t need the extension.
Create your Optimize account and container
- Go to optimize.google.com
- Click Create New Account.
- Enter an Account name.
- Enter a Container name.
- Agree to the Optimize Terms of Service
- Click CREATE.
Link to Analytics
- In Optimize, go to Main menu > Accounts.
- Click on a container.
- Click on the edit icon  next to Google Analytics in the Container information panel.
- In the property panel, select the Analytics property that corresponds to the web domain on which you’ll be running experiments. For example, if you created an Optimize container for example.com, select your example.com Analytics property.
- Select one or more Analytics views. Choose a view with few or no filters.
- Click SAVE.