Last updated on August 17th, 2020
Strikethrough in Google Docs allows users to draw a line through a piece of text. It helps to know just how to access that functionality. Here is how to strikethrough in Google Docs.
- Log in to Google Drive and open the Google Doc that contains the chosen text you want to strikethrough.
- Click the “Format” section from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- Highlight the text you want to strikethrough in your google doc.
- From the drop-down menu, select “Text” > choose “Strikethrough”.
How to Strikethrough Text in Google Docs using Shortcut
- On Mac, highlight your text and ⌘ + Shift + X.
- On PC, highlight your text and press Alt + Shift + 5.
Now that you understand how to strikethrough the text, you can disregard certain parts of your document but also keep them around for later.