This guide teaches you how to send a message directly to another Instagram User. There are two ways to send direct message on instragram.
1) Using Instagram Direct
2) Your recipient’s profile options
Note: You can not send a direct message from a computer.
1) How to send a Direct Message Using Instagram Direct
- Tap in the top-right corner or swipe left from anywhere in Feed.
- Tap in the top-right corner.
- Select people you’d like to send a message to, then tap Next.
- Type a message. You can also tap to take and send a disappearing photo or video, or to select a photo or video from your library.
- Tap or Send.
With Instagram Direct, you can send messages, photos and videos to one or more people. Messages won’t appear in Feed, search or your profile.
2) How to send a Direct Message Using Your Recipient’s Profile
- Open the Instagram app.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon.
- Tap the search bar.
- Type in a person’s name.
- Tap a person’s name.
- Tap “…” (iPhone) or ⋮ (Android).
- Select send message.
- Tap the “Write a message” field.
- Type in a message.
- Tap Send.