Last updated on October 22nd, 2018
Instagram is the world’s most popular photo-sharing app. There is no way to save or download photos and videos to your computer or your device directly from instagram. Here is how you can download photos and videos to your device.
How to save photos and videos from Instagram in iOS devices
There are literally dozens of apps in the App Store that let you save photos and videos from Instagram to your iPhone. Most of them are free.
1. Download regrammer from App store for free.
2. Go to the photo or video you want to download, then tap on the Share icon ” … ” above the photo, and select Copy Link.
3. Launch the Regrammer app and paste the link you just copied into the box, then hit Preview.
4. Tap on the Share button.
5. Tap on Save Image to save the photo or video to your Camera Roll.
How to save photos and videos from Instagram in Android devices
EasyDownloader, an app that will let you snag any photo or video you desire from your Instagram feed without the need for cropping or rooting.
- Download EasyDownloader on your Android device from Google Play Store. There are many different apps of the same name in the Google Play Store so use the link provided.
- Open the app to activate the download feature, then tap the Instagram icon near the top-right corner.
- Tap the three dots under a photo or video you want to save and choose Copy Share URL. The content will be saved to your device’s gallery. An alert will appear in the notification shade when the download is complete.
How to save photos and videos from Instagram in Windows or MacOS devices
1. Find the photo or video you want to download and click on it.
2. Copy the photo or video’s URL from the web address bar in your browser.
3. Go to DownloadGram.
4. Enter the photo or video’s URL into the box with the auto-generated Instagram link.
5. Click the Download button. Then, click the resulting Download Picture button to save your image.
How to save your own Instagram photos to your mobile device
Those who snap photos directly through the app or upload existing ones with Instagram filters and editing effects applied to them, saving a copy of the finished product that gets posted can be easily and automatically done by turning on one simple setting.
- Navigate to your profile tab.
- Tap the gear icon in the top right corner to access your settings.
- Scroll down on the next tab until you see an option labeled Save Original Photos (under Settings) with a button next to it.
- Tap Save Original Photos to turn it on so that it appears blue.
All of your posts will be copied automatically as you post them into a new photo album or folder labeled “Instagram” in your mobile device’s photo album app as long as this setting turned on.
It’s important to note that you should not download other users’ photos or videos to pass them off as your own or use them for profit.