Last updated on June 21st, 2020
Image Credits: Pixabay.
You can watch and like videos and subscribe to channels with Google Account but without YouTube channel, you have no public presence on YouTube. You need to create a YouTube channel to upload videos, comment, or make playlists and here is a guide to get you started.
How to create a personal channel
- Go to YouTube’s Homepage and Sign in with your Google account if you already have a Google account. Otherwise, click “More options” and then “Create account”.
- Try any action that requires a channel, such as uploading a video, posting a comment, or creating a playlist.
- If you don’t yet have a channel, you’ll see a prompt to create a channel.
- Check the details (with your Google Account name and photo) and confirm to create your new channel.
How to create a channel with a business or other name
You can use a Brand Account to create a channel that has a different name but that’s still managed from your Google Account.
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or using the mobile site.
- Go to your channel list.
- Choose to create a new channel or use an existing Brand Account:
- Create a new channel by clicking Create a new channel.
- Create a YouTube channel for a Brand Account that you already manage by choosing the Brand Account from the list. If this Brand Account already has a channel, you can’t create a new one—you’ll just be switched over to that channel if you select the Brand Account from the list.
- Fill out the details to name your new channel and verify your account. Then, click Done. This creates a new Brand Account.
- To add a channel manager, follow the instructions to change channel owners and managers.
SOURCE: YouTube Help