It is an important to keep yourself secure online and regularly updating your passwords is a good way to do that. Here’s how to change your Gmail Password in just a few steps.
All Google products use the same account information. When you change your Gmail password, you’re really changing your Google account password, meaning you’ll have to log in with this new password when using any Google product like YouTube, Google Photos, Google Maps
Note: The Gmail mobile app doesn’t allow users to change their password without logging in to the full browser version of the website
How to change your Gmail password
1) Open Gmail’s Settings
- Open Gmail.
- Click the Settings gear icon (⚙) from the top right of Gmail.
- Select Settings from the menu.
Tip: A quick way to jump right into Settings is to open this General Settings link.
2) Go Into the “Accounts and Import” Section
- Click “Accounts and Import” at the top.
- Under the Change account settings: section, click or tap Change password.
3) Enter Your Current Gmail Password
- Enter your existing password.
- Click or tap the NEXT button.
4) Enter a New Gmail Password
- Enter the new password.
- Type the same password a second time to ensure that you’ve typed it correctly.
- Click or tap CHANGE PASSWORD.
Tip: Your new password must consist of at least eight characters, but we would recommend using a mixture of letters (upper and lower case), numbers and special characters for maximum security.
If you have trouble inputting the same password twice, clicking the little eye symbols will let you forego the stealthy asterisks and see the passwords in clear text.