Last updated on June 21st, 2020
Everyone eventually comes across a web page they need to save for sharing for different purposes. Learn how you can easily save any webpage on the internet as a PDF file within seconds, on any browser with step by step guide.
The Print function is the fastest and most effective way to save a webpage to PDF.
How to save a webpage as PDF in Chrome
- Open the site you’d like to save as a PDF file in Chrome.
- Click the three-dot icon in the top right-hand corner and choose Print… This will bring up a printing window. Alternatively, press Ctrl + P (Windows) or Cmd + P (Mac).
Under the ‘Destination’ section of the pop-up, click Change… > Save as PDF.
Click the ‘Save’ button, which Chrome will prompt you to choose a name and location where you would like to convert webpage to PDF.
How to save a webpage as PDF in Safari
- Open the web page you want to save as PDF.
- Go to File and choose print or press Command + P to open the printer window.
- Go to Destination and select Save as PDF and click save.
- Name your file and location, and select Save. You’re done!
How to save a webpage as PDF in Firefox
The latest versions of Firefox do not have a built-in ability to print to PDF, but you can still do using Windows 10 Microsoft print to PDF function.
- Press Ctrl + P(Windows OS) or Command + P(Mac OS) to bring up the print menu.
- Select Microsoft Print to PDF from the printer options and hit OK(Windows OS) or Go to Destination and select Save as PDF and click save(Mac OS).
- Choose a name and save location and hit the Save button.
- Choose the share button on the webpage you want to save. It looks like a square with an arrow pointing upwards and it’s used for saving, viewing, and cloud services. You can always access on a webpage.
- This brings up a number of upload options for any compatible apps you have installed on your mobile device. Swipe until you find the option to Save PDF to iBooks with an iBooks icon. Select this option.
- It will create a PDF that is automatically stored and then launched in iBooks for you to peruse.
Download the simple Convert Web to PDF app, for Android devices. It gives you a quick convert option with a number of basic editing options. You can choose to convert only the text or only the background if you want—and to define a table of contents or quality levels if necessary.
There’s also an instant share option right after conversion if you want to quickly hand the file over to someone else.