Apple occasionally releases a new firmware version for its AirPods and Airpods Pro. Apple has recently released a new firmware version for the second-generation AirPods and the AirPods Pro, updating them from version 2D15 (second-generation AirPods) and 2D27 (AirPods Pro) to version 3A283. Here is how to update the firmware on your AirPods.
How to Update Your AirPods
To install the updates properly, you will need to follow the steps below.
- Make sure your AirPods must be in the charging case.
- Connect the AirPods charging case to a power source and make sure it is charging.
- Move an iOS device that’s been connected to your AirPods near to the charging case.
- Make sure the iOS device has an internet connection and leverage the Wi-Fi to install the update faster.
After a short while, any available software updates should be automatically downloaded and installed
How to Check Firmware Version on Your AirPods
To check the version of the firmware that you have installed to make sure it’s up to date, follow the steps below.
- Open the Settings app on your iOS device.
- Tap General > About > AirPods.
- Check the numbers shown beside Firmware Version.
There is another way to check the Firmware Version on your AirPods.
- Launch the Settings on your iPhone and iPad.
- Tap Bluetooth.
- Tap the i button next to your AirPods in the Bluetooth device menu.
You will see the firmware version at the bottom of the list presented to you.
The latest version as of today is 3A283.